Friday, September 4, 2009

Fiber is great for all!

Now I am not talking about the fiber you eat or the fiber you wear sure those are great for all of us but what about fiber technology! I wish fiber technology was available in all areas especially in my area. It is so much faster than standard cable or DSL. The telecom companies should get on-board with this technology because our population is growing and it seems so many people feel the need for instant information and access so this technology is needed to allow the ability to carry so much infomation quickly. If more companies got into this the cost would go down and that makes it easier for consumers in the long run. There are a few companies out there with this technology (Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse) however it isn't available in most areas.

I currently have the lowest end high-speed DSL, but would sure love to get the faster fiber option. My area was one of the last around here to get the DSL service so I expect it will be one of the last areas to get the fiber technology.

To learn more about fiber optics visit http://fiberforall.org/fios-triple-play-bundle/

No comments: